Justis Linking Technology API
With the Justis Linking API, you can now build the power of Justis Publishing’s reference recognition technology into your own systems, products and services.
At the heart of this groundbreaking technology is an intelligent, generic and highly flexible Engine which automatically identifies references – such as citations or other named entities – within text.
The Justis Linking Engine API can be applied in any domain where value may be added to text through the application of rules based on text-pattern recognition, most notably the automatic creation of hypertext links within documents.
The generality and flexibility of the Engine has been achieved through a rule-based design, and the behaviour of the Engine is controlled and determined by the use of rule files.
Each rule file contains one or more rules, each of which comprises two distinct components:
- The “Matching” Component – describes and defines a specific type of text pattern, such as a document citation or other type of reference.
- The “Action” Component – specifies a type of action that is to be carried out once the conditions specified by the Matching Component have been satisfied. Examples include creating a hypertext link, outputting information to a database, retrieving specific information from an online resource and sending an email alert.
- Highly flexible and modular design: the API can be easily integrated within existing content management systems, information products, internet sites, intranets and web browsers.
- May be used to create client-side, server-side or standalone applications.
- Processes content in ASCII and tagged ASCII formats, including plain text, HTML and XML.
- Able to operate with external data sources.
- May be used in all 32-bit Windows environments.
- Delivered as an ActiveX control suitable for use in scripts, Visual Basic, Microsoft Word, Visual C++ and all other “Automation” compatible environments.
- Full documentation provided.
Deployment and Integration
A solution developed using the Justis Linking Technology API will typically comprise:
- the core Linking Engine API;
- one or more rule files, programmed to recognise specific types of text pattern and perform specific types of actions, which are used to guide and control the Engine’s pattern matching and text processing functions;
- a software application which applies the Linking Engine API, rule files and required data sources to a body of documents or other type of content.
Justis Publishing will provide any consultancy and programming services which may be required to integrate the Justis Technology Engine API into your existing systems, products, websites or intranets.
Full telephone and online product support is also provided.
For more information about Justis Publishing’s e-publishing services please contact us.